27 October 2026
27 October 2028
27 October 2030 depending on tonnage and toxicity
The UK is committed to a robust regulatory system for the control of chemicals which ensures the UK’s high levels of environmental protection, underpinned by the Environment Act (2021).
UK REACH is the government’s regulatory tool for achieving this – ensuring companies that put chemicals on the market understand and manage the risks they might pose.
This regulatory system has been in place since the UK left the European Union, and chemical businesses operating within Great Britain should have already provided initial information under the UK REACH transitional provisions.
Whilst this initial information has already been provided, the government will consult on extending the deadlines for providing the full registration data.
Alongside this, the government will engage with industry and other stakeholders to explore whether there are opportunities to reduce the need for industry to replicate existing EU REACH data by placing a greater emphasis on understanding how chemicals are used in GB.
UK Government REACH Compliance Help Service
If you’re based in Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) use this service to:
- submit a new registration for a substance
- notify that you’re going to continue importing EU REACH registered substances by submitting a Downstream User Import Notification (DUIN)
- transfer your assets, such as registrations, to another legal entity
- submit your Northern Ireland notification
- manage joint registrations - claim the lead registrant role, submit a lead dossier and approve joint registration group members
- manage your Product and Process Orientated Research and Development (PPORD) notification