EU Trade Bodies
COCERAL: COCERAL is the voice representing the European cereals, rice, feedstuffs, oilseeds, olive oil, oils and fats and agrosupply trade.
The members of COCERAL are the national trade organisations of most of the EU-27 Member States, who for their part represent collectors, distributors, exporters, importers and agribulk storers of the above mentioned commodities. The members are composed of essentially private traders and in some countries also farmers' cooperatives. Furthermore, COCERAL has associate members in Switzerland.
ESA: ESA is the voice of the European seed industry, representing the interests of those active in research, breeding, production and marketing of seeds of agricultural, horticultural and ornamental plant species. ESA's mission is to work for:
- effective protection of intellectual property rights relating to plants and seeds;
- fair and proportionate regulation of the European seed industry;
- freedom of choice for customers (farmers, growers, industry, consumers) in supplying seeds as a result of innovative, diverse technologies and production methods.
FEFAC: The European Feed Manufacturers' Federation (FEFAC) was founded in 1959 by five national compound feed associations from France, Belgium, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands.
FEFAC membership today consists of 22 national associations in 21 EU Member States as full members as well as Associations in Switzerland, Turkey, Norway, Croatia, Serbia and Russia with observer/associate member status. The European compound feed industry employs over 110,000 persons on app. 4,500 production sites often in rural areas, which offer few employment opportunities. Farm animals in the EU-27 consume an estimated 465 million tonnes of feed a year, of which about 30% are produced by the compound feed manufacturers. Turnover of the European compound feed industry in 2011 is estimated at 45 billion €.
FEFAC is the only independent spokesman of the European Compound Feed Industry at the level of the European Institutions. FEFAC holds observer status in CODEX Alimentarius.
Fertilizers Europe: The mission of the European fertilizer industry is to respond to the needs of agriculture and society by providing, in accordance with the principles of Responsible Care, a reliable and competitive supply of high-quality mineral fertilizers.
The industry encourages, moreover, the adoption of Good Agricultural Practices in the use of plant nutrients, thus stimulating farmers and growers to produce high-quality crops in an economically and environmentally sound manner.
The mission of Fertilizers Europe is to identify, promote and manage the common interests of its members by:
- promoting the role of mineral fertilizers in European agriculture and horticulture;
- anticipating and preparing for upcoming issues that may affect the industry;
- being the industry’s spokesperson and sounding board;
- providing its members with a wide range of statistical information and studies.