About the UKFFPA
- In the UK, over 650,000 tonnes of former foodstuffs are processed and/or handled or sent direct to farm each year to create livestock feed worth £110 million.
- Products could be classified as waste without effective and safe processing and/or handling or directly delivering to farm.
- Surplus foodstuffs including out of specification food, potato chips or breakfast cereals that are the wrong size or shape; leftover dough and liquid chocolate, surplus bread collected from retailers and bakeries.
- The EU and the UK are striving for sustainability and processors are making a vital contribution.
- The UKFFPA is an affiliate of the Agricultural Industries Confederation (AIC) Ltd.
Setting up the UKFFPA
- The UKFFPA was set up in 2013 with the support from the Food Standards Agency (FSA).
- It’s activities at UK level are complementary to those of the European Former Foodstuffs Processors Association (EFFPA) at EU level.
- It represents the former foodstuffs sector as well as safeguarding its activities and promoting its interests on issues affecting its members.
- Chairman - John Knight
- Vice Chairman - John Rigby
- Committee – Members of the association
- Secretariat - David Moss, Sue Whittington, James McCulloch, AIC/UKFFPA
Who operates UKFFPA?
- The Agricultural Industries Confederation provides the Secretariat for UKFFPA.
- The Chairman is currently John Knight.
- Committee members are volunteers who work for companies that produce animal feed from former foodstuffs and supply processed feed materials to feed compounders and/or livestock.
- The Committee meet 2 times a year to discuss matters arising and changes to current legislation and policy.
- The meetings are co-ordinated by the UKFFPA secretariat who will also provide the working papers for the meetings.
- Withernay - 01759 318 322 - [email protected]
- Leafield Feeds - 01924 820 500 - [email protected]
- Cave Liquid Haulage Ltd - 01264 790 079 [email protected]
- AB Nutrition Ltd - 01270 618 360 [email protected]
- A Tucker & Son Ltd - 01226 781 598 [email protected]
- W Rigby & Son Ltd - 01663 750 595 [email protected]
- Sugarich - 01280 840 692 - [email protected]
- AC Shropshire Ltd - 0116 286 2359 - [email protected]