AIC Main

The Leading Voice for the Agrisupply Industry

Export of GB Fertilisers to Non-EU Countries

Appendix 6 - Export of GB Fertilisers to Non-EU Countries

For non EU (sometimes referred to as ‘third’) countries, it is for the importing country to specify what they require in terms of certification and some non EU countries require confirmation that the material is deemed acceptable to the authorities in the country of origin. (See Appendix 7). Defra can assist the process by issuing an export certificate (sometimes called a certificate of free sale). Potential exporters should complete an EXCA1 application form (Appendix 8) and send it electronically to Defra at together with the draft certificates that they intend to use. (See Template at Appendix 9).

Once Defra have acknowledge receipt of the application, the company should send a hard copy of a letter of indemnity, on company headed paper which has been signed and dated by a person in authority within the company. This letter must state: “(full name), (position), of (company), undertakes on behalf of the said (name of company) that the said (name of company) will indemnify the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs against any claims arising out of the giving of the said certificate, howsoever caused.” Defra will check the draft certificate(s), register, stamp and issue an export certificate

Defra can also provide a letter official confirmation that there is no registration or licensing process in the UK. Contact

Related documents

  1. Export of GB Fertilisers to Non-EU Countries


    AIC Guidance On The Import and Export of Fertilisers