About the Fertiliser Sector
Formed in 1875 as The Chemical Manure Manufacturers Association and renamed The Fertiliser Manufacturers Association in 1904, the FMA merged with two other agri-trade bodies to form AIC in 2003. AIC’s Fertiliser Sector represents over 95% of the UK’s agricultural fertiliser supply industry. It seeks to support its members’ interests through providing a comprehensive lobbying, advice and statistics service, sharing technical, transport and storage information and promoting fertiliser security to help maintain a vibrant and growing sector. We identify, assess and communicate national and international issues that might impact on the competitiveness of the industry and which could affect the sustainability of farming and UK food production.
The aim of the fertiliser sector is to improve the competitive position of AIC member companies within the agri supply industry. This is achieved by the sector through following a number of objectives including :
- Acting as the voice of the fertiliser sector
- Delivering Information
- Providing Trade Assurance
- Offering Technical Support
- Collaboration and sector representation with other stakeholders
AIC provides a united voice for the fertiliser industry in the UK within both UK and European Governments. Our work and commitment to the UK fertiliser sector adds value to your business and provides many key benefits including:
- Providing you with a powerful voice at UK and European level.
- Giving you a view over the legislative horizon, allowing you to plan long term and get ahead of the game.
- Ensuring UK and European legislation and guidelines properly take account of and reflect UK fertiliser business needs and concerns.
- Giving you a say in the decision making process through access to national committees and regional meetings.
- Access to trading and commercial information, national and international fertiliser statistics.
- Free technical and legal advice, industry standards and guidelines.
- A say in the management of Fertiliser Industry Assurance Scheme (FIAS).
- Tailored, business specific training and updates in association with FACTS.
- Networking opportunities with competitor businesses, giving you the opportunity to discuss non- competitive issues affecting your company.
For more detailed information on the Fertiliser sector please follow the links in the menu to the left .
Within AIC the Sector Head is Jo Gilbertson, who together with Jane Salter heading agriculture and environment issues are responsible for the management and co-ordination of the fertiliser sector for AIC members.