AIC Chairman Nick Major Elected New FEFAC President
8 June 2017
On the occasion of the XXVIII FEFAC Congress in Cordoba, Spain, the General Assembly today elected Mr Nick Major as the new President. Major (UK) is a graduate in Agricultural Technology and is the Corporate Affairs Director for ForFarmers Group, the market leading feed company in Europe. He is also Chairman of AIC (Agricultural Industries Confederation) and currently chairs the technical secretariat of the FEFAC-led Product Environmental Footprint (PEF) pilot on feed in the context of the European Commission initiative for a single market of green products. Nick Major: “I look forward to representing the interests of European Feed Manufacturers and build further on the foundations laid by the FEFAC Vision 2030. Safety and competitiveness of the livestock production chain, to which the feed industry is the most important input industry, remain the shared top priorities across the European continent for the years to come”.
The General Assembly also elected a new FEFAC Praesidium. It now consists of the following members, who all carry the title of Vice-President:
* Alberto ALLODI, ASSALZOO, Italy
* Jean-Michel BOUSSIT (Treasurer), Axereal, EUROFAC, France
* Christina DE SOUSA, RAPORAL, IACA, Portugal
* Dr Anton EINBERGER, Trouw Nutrition, DVT, Germany
* Witold OBIDZINSKI, De Heus, IZBA, Poland
* Zoltan PULAY, UBM Feed Kft, HGFA, Hungary
* Ruud TIJSSENS, Agrifirm, NEVEDI, The Netherlands
* Patrick VANDEN AVENNE, Vanden Avenne Group, APFACA/BEMEFA, Belgium
Notes to the editor:
1. FEFAC, the European Compound Feed Manufacturers’ Federation, represents 24 national Associations in 23 EU Member States as well as Associations in Switzerland, Turkey, Serbia, Russia and Norway with observer/associate member status. The European compound feed industry employs over 100,000 persons on app. 3,500 production sites often in rural areas, which offer few employment opportunities.
2. Farm animals in the EU-28 consume an estimated 480 million tonnes of feed a year, of which about 30% are produced by the compound feed manufacturers. Turnover of the European compound feed industry is estimated at € 50 billion.
1. For more information see our web site (www.fefac.eu<http://www.fefac.eu/>) or please contact Alexander Döring, Secretary General Tel. +32-2-285.00.50, Fax +32-2-230.57.22, e-mail: email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.